With regard to my child:
- I (and my guests) will be a positive role model and encourage sportsmanship at all times: this means specifically no booing, taunting or gesturing in any derogatory way towards anyone.
- I will teach my child to play by the rules and resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility.
- I will encourage, not force, my child's participation.
- I will inform the coach if my child has a condition that may affect the safety of my child or the safety of others.
With regard to the team's coach and manager:
- I will support the coach and manager and not interfere with their duties or responsibilities.
- I will refrain from coaching from the sidelines during games or practices unless I am one of the officials of the team.
- If there is an issue regarding the coach or team manager, I will arrange to meet privately to resolve the issue and I will encourage any older child to resolve any issue directly with the coach.
- I will not criticize my child's coach to my child, their teammates, or other parents.
- I will be on time or make other arrangements as necessary.
With regard to the referee:
- I will respect the officials and their authority during games.
- I understand that CYS has a Zero Tolerance Policy when it comes to referees: no communication whatsoever before, during or after the game including absolutely no disputing the referee's calls, no remarks, NO YELLING, and no criticism, sarcasm, harassment, intimidation, or feedback of any kind.
- I understand that officials, coaches, and players make mistakes. If the referee makes a "questionable" call, I will continue to respect the individual, be silent, and if necessary, will help my child understand that it is all part of the game.
- I may only contact the referee coordinator for Cambridge or CYS director to register any complaints or discuss any issue.
With regard to the competition:
- I will show their players all the respect due my child.
- I will show their coach all respect due our coach.
- I will show their parents all the respect due our parents.
- At home games I will be a good host and at away games, I will be a good guest by honoring this code.